Sunday is possibly one of my favourite days of the week. No school, a lie-in and some time to do whatever you want.I think of it as a day to reflect on the week just gone, and organise myself at least a little bit for the up coming week.
I thought I would share with you my realistic sort of sunday and a few things that I like to do and make me happy. Because I thought that especially recently with all the bad things going on in the world, it’s so important to focus on the things that make you happy, rather than all the negatives.
- Have a lie-in – This is kind of a given, and I’n not really sure that I have to give much of an explanation to this , but especially being a teenager I friggin love a long lie-in. And it feels good to wake up having had enough sleep, which doesn’t happen often enough during the week.
- Have a family breakfast – Get the frying pans, we’re making pancakes! This is kind of a family tradition in my house, but the fact that I now sleep until about 11 on the weekends, it’s now officially called brunch. This morning I made pancakes with greek yogurt, honey, blueberry sauce and bananas- it was delish!
- Get outside -Especially if you’re prone to anxiety and stress, gentle exercise like walking and cycling can really help. I love to go for a walk on the weekends, even if it’s only for 10-20 minutes it’s good to get out in the fresh air and clear your mind.
- Get stuff done- I feel I can only relax when I’ve got my work done. And even though I’m really not the best at doing all my homework, I feel much much better once it’s done.
- Go to a cafe with a friend- I have recently become a little bit of a coffee addict, and combining my love of chatting for hours with friends and my new favourite drink is the best. It’s not something I’d do every sunday because it’s expensive, but as a treat it’s something really nice to do.
- Write a to-do list for the week- I like to do this to feel a bit more organised and so I can at lest try and keep record of my productivity during the week. This is something I would definitely recommend.
- Have a pamper night- I like to have a nice Lush bath and a face mask maybe once a week.So I can finish my week feeling super happy and ready for monday. Self-care is so important and not gonna lie I just love LUSH stuff a bit too much.
I also like to…
- Read – I am currently reading ‘holding up the universe’ by Jennifer Niven. It’s very good.
- Blog/write- actually love creative writing and obviously, blogging.
- Take photos
- Have family film nights
(photos of my day from my instagram account https://www.instagram.com/zoeskipperreed/ ) (‘the world is your oyster’ print @riflepaper)
Thanks for reading, have a wonderful week.
x x x